Pro Tip – Don’t forget your walk-around inspections!
Time is precious and that is why our reporting system offers great flexibility to ensure you get your damage reports to us right away. These reports not only provide our Member Care Team with a means to efficiently track damage and keep costs low, but they also protect you from unexpected damage fees.
Pre-trip and Post-trip Inspections
Members are required to do a pre- and post-trip inspection of their Modo vehicle and report new damage to us before and after driving. Reporting is easy:
- Do a complete 360 walk-around to inspect the entire vehicle.
- Keep a neutral viewing angle when inspecting (not too high and not too low) so you don’t miss areas such as the wheels and lower bumpers
- Take a photo of anything bigger than your fob and not already stickered
Then submit a report in one of three ways:
- By calling 604.685.1393
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Through the app
Tip: Choose the option that’s best for you. Many members tend to report through the app as it allows you to take photos at the same time!
The “I’m pressed for time” Dilemma!
You may be tempted to skip an inspection to save time, however by doing so, you risk taking responsibility of damage you might miss reporting. This can not only lead to unexpected damage fees, but it also hinders our ability to efficiently track damage.
The next time you are facing this dilemma, consider these tips:
- A couple minutes can save you hundreds! The time spent on inspecting and reporting can save you unexpected costs, and most often, the costs outweighs the time saved. Member’s can be held liable for up to $1000 ($2500 if signed up through a MED or as a Green member), and if you miss your report, you may end up paying for damage you may have not caused.
- Give yourself a 15-minute buffer! If you’re finding you’re constantly running late, book yourself an extra 15 minutes at the start of your booking to ensure you have enough time to inspect and report.
- Consider enrolling into our damage pool or setting up a credit card that carries collision loss damage insurance (CLDI). Both options protect you in the event of possible damage fees and provide peace of mind from the unexpected. For more information on Modo’s insurance, damage fees and coverage options, click here.
Let’s continue to work together and ensure we each do our part!
Harman Deol, Member Care & Damage Specialist